Just finishing up at the gym now, and I’ll be off for some fun and relaxation over the Holiday weekend.
How about you? What do you have planned?
We did a fun and challenging “4th of July 1776 Rep Bodyweight Workout” at this morning’s boot camp sessions … and it’s a perfect one to do anywhere, anytime … because you can get a great, high-intensity, full-body strength AND cardio workout … with just your own bodyweight!
So check it out – you can crank this one over the weekend, or any time you’re away from the gym:
4th of July 1776 Rep Bodyweight Workout
*Mix it up and do different versions of each exercise, as listed below, for each round … don’t have to be super specific, just change it up as you go
*Do 8 rounds of the circuit with as little rest as possible (we capped the workout at 25 minutes at this mornings’s boot camp)
*The rep ranges of each exercise I choose for a very specific reason … they are just high enough to challenge you, but not high enough for your form to break down.
So stick to them!
*Do the first round slow, as your warm up, then pick up the pace for the next 7
– 30 jumping jacks OR seal jacks OR x jacks
– 12 push ups OR close push ups OR wide push ups
– 21 bodyweight squats
– 12 inverted rows – overhand, underhand, or neutral grip
– 30 side to side OR front to back hops
– 14 regular OR cross – body mountain climbers
– 12 backwards OR front OR walking lunges each leg
– 30 high knees OR butt kicks (each leg)
(rest – then finish with)
– 10 burpees – every minute, on the minute, four rounds total (=40 burpees total)
Knock out that workout this weekend, or ANY time you’re away from the gym.
You’ll get a great, high-intensity, full-body strength AND cardio workout … with just your own bodyweight!
Train hard, and talk soon -
- Forest Vance
Certified Progressive Calisthenics Instructor