I’ve had my own personal struggles with my weight over the years.
Kettlebells are a big focus at our personal training studio, and you can see in the before and after pics below how I was able to lose over 60 pounds using them, and keep the weight off to this day:
But BEYOND the latest diet tricks, there is ONE THING that truly helped me finally lose the weight, and keep it off.
This secret “thing” has to do with building a successful RELATIONSHIP with food and eating – and it’s exactly what we’re going to cover at this special Mindful Eating workshop event with owners of Three Rivers Mindfulness Training and Psycotherapy, Sean Cook, PSY D. and Luana Coloma Cook, PSY D.
Sean and Luana are licensed psychologists and co-owners of Three Rivers Mindfulness Training and Psychotherapy, a small group practice serving children, teens, families, adults, and couples in Midtown Sacramento. They specialize in mindfulness training and attachment-based approaches to relationship distress, depression, and anxiety. They are trained in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) and Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC), and they regularly teach the 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion program in Sacramento.
And when you sign up for this special workshop, here’s what you’ll learn:
- Introduction to Mindfulness and mindful eating
- Why most diets fail
- Why we overeat and undereat – and how to stop the cycle
- Ever feel like you don’t have “free will” when it comes to eating? The bad news and the good news about free will
- Learn about the addictive aspects of some foods
- Tips on retraining your brain toward healthier habits
- The power of context — how your environment and the people in your life affect your behavior and what you can do about it
- How to put everything you’ve learned together into a meal plan and diet approach that fits YOU!
Mindfulness has been used to build psychological health and optimal performance by everyone from Phil Jackson (winningnest coach in NBA history) to the US Marine Corps. This is your opportunity to learn what it can do for you!
There’s only one catch: we are strictly limiting registration to 25. We want to be able to work with each participant closely, and ensure that you get at LEAST 10x return on your investment of time and money to attend. Once we fill up, we’ll close down registration, and you’ll have to wait another 5 years – or until the next time we decide to do the workshop again 🙂
Look forward to seeing you there!
– The FVT Team